Help Affording Your Veterinary Care
It could happen to anyone with a pet: You've always managed to give your pet the medical care she deserves, but because of unexpected circumstances, you're faced with vet expenses that are far beyond your ability to afford them. No owner wants a pet to suffer because medical care is out of reach. Financial aid is out there, and there are steps you can take to cover an emergency vet bill.
- Care Credit
- CareCredit knows pets are family too. That's why they offer veterinary financing to help keep your most cherished family members in top shape. Whether you use it to cover annual expenses like preventative care check-ups or for unexpected costs, the CareCredit healthcare credit card makes it easy to give your pets the care they need, when they need it. If your balance is over 200$, you have either 6 or 12 months to pay back the balance with no interest! You can apply at home, or right here in the office!
- Pet Insurance
- We always say that having a pet insurance policy really changes the quality of care you can give your pet. It may not help in the current crisis, but you should consider purchasing pet health insurance for future medical needs. Depending on the plan you choose, you can get reimbursed on medical and/or routine visits.
- Financial Assistance Groups
- Some groups out there allow you to apply for financial aid if you can't afford veterinary care for your pet. Here are a few we found helpful.
- RedRover -- The RedRover Relief program provides financial assistance, resources and emotional support to pet guardians struggling with economic hardship when pets are in need of urgent and emergency veterinary care.
- Feline Veterinary Care Assistance Programs
- Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance & Alley Cat Allies
- Canine Veterinary Care Assistance Programs
- CorgiAid, Special Needs Dobermans, Labrador Harbor, LabMed, Labrador Lifeline, WestieMed (West Highland White Terriers), Pyramedic Trust (Great Pyrenees).
- Veterinary Care Assistance For Working/Service Dogs
- Helping Harley Cancer Treatment Grant
- Assistance Dogs Special Allowance Program
- Raise Your Own Funds!
- Fundraising platforms like GiveForward (specifically for veterinary bills) or GoFundMe enable you to create a personal fundraising page to raise funds for pet medical care. They charge a small percentage of funds raised.
- More Resources
- Local Animal Shelters: Some of our local shelters offer low cost veterinary care, and offer veterinary loan or grant programs. Please call Newark Humane Society to find out more about their services.
- Breeder Health Guarantee: If you purchased your pet from a reliable breeder, check your contract with them to see if you are entitled to a health guarantee that covers your pet’s medical condition.
Sourced From: http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_veterinary_care.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/